Saturday, October 17, 2009

Wow, a lot has changed

About four times a year I am awed by something that rubs my face in the passage of time. Reviewing receipts while preparing my taxes is usually one of them. "Oh yeah, I remember that dinner. That was the night schmuck-face broke up with me and stiffed me with the bill." "Oh, yeah, that was the gift I purchased for my mother that she promptly returned to the store." Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It might come as a shocker but I haven't been writing much on the blog lately. Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone else. I'm revealing this to you and you only. Even today, I only logged on to transfer into Word some fiction I wrote last November...Jesus Christ no. It was 2007. 2007. WHY CAN'T I CAPITALIZE NUMBERS???!!!! So long as I was already logged on, I tooled around a bit on my dashboard - cleaned up my links and sighed in disappointment at how little value this blog's contributed to the Blog-O-Sphere these past two years.

Some bloggers are still here; some have closed down; some have sold out. Me, I'm just struggling with the same old challenges - abundance, fulfillment, trust. You know, the usual. And while I've been struggling with that in the non-pixilated world, the Blog-O-Sphere has been changing without me.

No comments: